some contemplative correspondence
Self help programs, psychologists, therapists, counselors and psychiatrists all profess at one time or another the benefit of addressing the issues we are sometimes tormented with by writing a letter to whom or whatever our antagonist may be. The magic to this particular manner of addressing issues is that the letter never gets mailed, electronically sent or otherwise delivered, thus enabling a full purge of the emotional distress that plague us.
The following address some of my own personal demons du jour - the ones that I dare to share with the world, at least. Here's hoping you find them insightful and entertaining. If they provide a peek through the Venetian blinds and into my mind, then I hope all you psyche-voyeurs have a good stare. Just clean up after yourselves, okay?
- Bud Selig - the major league baseball commish finally takes off the gloves.
- Matt Drudge - Attention! Earth to Drudge: Boy George is not a political pundit.
- John Kerry - I'd like to order an answer, please. And hold the waffles and flip-flops.
- Donald Rumsfeld - the U.S. Secretary of Defense in yet another display of arrogance and incompetence.
- WFSB TV Sports - a jab at the jock sniffers with our local CBS affiliate station.
- Howard Stern - an e-mail that did, in fact, get sent! Action, not just words ...
- Manny Ramirez - a wake up call to one of baseball's most inconsistent players: not your typical fan mail.
Copyright © 2003-2005, 2009, 2014, 2020 by Jeff Bauer - All rights reserved
Revised - Tuesday, May 26, 2020