TRIFOCAL REARVIEW MIRROR
viewpoint and commentary on three
news stories from the past week
Ideas sometime spark to life from peculiar tinder. Such was the case for this particular collection of works. The direction of a recent essay ended up splitting into three distinct sub-topics. Being a work-in-progress, this wasn’t a problem as it could easily be cut apart and made into three separate essays, but this surgery was never to occur. All three sub-topics shared something in common: they were all commentary on news stories from the past week. Though not necessarily the Big Three, these stories stood out from the flood of news and caught my attention enough to evoke passionate opinion. Readers may not share these opinions, but I hope can appreciate the passion. My wish for you is to enjoy!
So without further adieu, here is a list. These are simple hyperlinks: just point to and click on the date of the article you are interested in and let the awesome power of your computer and the Internet automagically fetch the desired article and display it on your screen for you. Ah, technology ...
- November 20, 2003 – Never sleep over at Neverland; Dubya dazzles Limeys; and
Limbaugh returns to pollute the airwaves.
- April 29, 2003 – Don't Piss Off the Students; Where's Alexander Haig?; and Yo, I'm not buying today, dig?
- April 22, 2003 – Between Iraq and a hard place; profiteering on warfare; and an open e-mail letter to the (p)Resident.
- April 15, 2003 – Those Wacky Iraqis; Mathematical Breakthrough reveals 1984 = 2003; and Oh where, oh where have the bad doggies gone?
- April 8, 2003 – The 2003 War on Iraq poster child; “Is there a doctor in
the house?”; and the weather outside is frightful.
- April 1, 2003 – Kamikaze Iraqi taxi hacks offer killer rides; greed is
alive and well in major league baseball; and anti-war protesters do have a sense of humor.
- March 25, 2003 – Capture the Flag gets real; Converting to Islam; and Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!”
- March 11, 2003 – Make news not war: Bombs for Baghdad tested in Florida; U2 foul up; and Bush sings “Tic Toc Iraq.”
- March 4, 2003 – MiGs tease EP-3E and Dubya cries foul; al Qaeda plans mimic Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor; and a friend falls victim to pyrotechnic idiocy.
- February 25, 2003 – Great White and Derderian brothers commit mass involuntary manslaughter; Dan Rather and Saddam Hussien caught in a media version of the 69-position; and snowballs versus 9mm handgun.
Text - Copyright © 2003-2014 Jeff Bauer
Web Layout – Copyright © 2003-2020 Off Frequency Productions
Revised – Wednesday, May 27, 2020